The concept of Pooja Institute of Sports Research and Development [PISRD] is an
outcome of Dr. Dinesh Vaghela’s [PhD, MBA, MCom, LLB, CAIIB] continuing research
of more than eight years that includes bridging gaps existing in conventional coaching
academies and schools. PISRD is an innovative, unique and exclusive model for the
benefit of talented youth and elite sports persons who wish to excel as professional
sports person. It aims to provide dynamic, challenging, exhilarating and value based
sporting environment for all involved.
The Concept Developer cum Executor
- The concept is researched, conceived, developed and being personally executed
by Dr. Dinesh Vaghela who is winner of national scholarship in education and having
credentials of PhD, MBA, MCom, LLB, CAIIB and Basic Computer Programming.
- As Head of Ahmedabad Venue for Indian Cricket League [ICL] , Dr. Vaghela had
managed 21 day night T20 matches, which were live telecasted across 125 countries,
involving 100 plus international players and support staff of 9 teams with crowd
pulling of 60000 plus.
- As the only Indian umpire of ICL, Dr. Vaghela officiated in 4 matches as field
umpire and 7 matches as third umpire including one final.
- Dr. Vaghela is Cricket Pitch Curator of Board of Control for Cricket in India
[BCCI] and Umpire- Tutor of England and Wales County Board.
- Recently, Dr. Vaghela completed Himalaya Trekking Expedition and 21 km Shimla
- As Academic Head cum Sr. Faculty of Institute of Finance Banking and Insurance,
Dr. Vaghela recruited and trained 400 plus Bank Executives within a period of 3
years. His training skills were rated above 90% by these executives.
- Dr. Vaghela left State Bank of India [SBI], after having worked as Asst. General
Manager [offtg], at the age of 45 years. He was recipient of awards for Best Customer
Service, Business Growth, Efficient Branch Management at the most difficult and
large branches of SBI.
- Dr. Vaghela denied lucrative offer from FLAME [proposed university], Pune
and to work as their Head of Sports, for PISRD.
“To be a professionally managed, aptitude based sports research and development
institute of excellence exclusively for professional sports persons”.
“To provide dynamic, vibrant, value added and sporting environment in which talented
youth can build their career as professional sports person”.
- To spot, nurture and develop youth having potential to be groomed as professional
- To ignite, develop and sustain appetite for culture of excellence in students,
management and staff.
- To provide opportunities and platforms for value added, holistic and blended
sports cum education.
- To lay strong foundation of research based knowledge, physique and skills
using creative, conducive and challenging environment.
- Respect human dignity, potential and uniqueness.
- To imbibe humane, ethical and sporting values in all involved.
- Integrity and fairness in every aspect including selection and age of participants.
- Strict compliance of prohibited drugs, alcohol, tobacco, gutka, etc.
Cricket and some of the events of athletics, chess, volley ball, cycling are proposed
initially. We propose to cover games like tennis, badminton, table tennis, football,
judo, karate, etc. as per demand received from youth and elite sports persons in
due course. Cross country running and boot camps on the lines of military training
shall be regular features of training. We also propose to carry out activities of
adventure sports like tracking, repelling, river crossing, rock climbing, mountain
Targets of PISRD
We target to produce:-
- District level sport persons within 2 years.
- State level sport persons within 4 years.
- National level sport persons within 5 years.
- International level sport person within 6 to 7 years.
We propose to establish English medium schools from standard 4th to standard 12th
and Degree College with exclusive courseware, pedagogy and set up. It is also proposed
to start hostel, dining hall, indoor halls for sports, natural gymnasium, physiotherapy
center, dispensary, library, etc.
- Dr. Dinesh Vaghela (PhD, MBA, MCom, LLB, CAIIB)
- Research and Development , CEO of PISRD, BCCI’s Pitch Curator, ECB-UK’s Umpire
- 1 year as Venue Head of Indian Cricket League [ICL]. He had managed 21 day
night T20 matches, which were live telecasted across 125 countries, involving 100
plus international players and support staff of 9 teams with crowd pulling of 60000
- Only Indian ICL umpire to officiate in 11 T20 matches including a final.
- 18 years as umpire of Gujarat Cricket Association.
- 6 years as pitch curator. [ICL-Ahmedabad & Chennai, FLAME-Pune, SGVP-Ahmedabad,
Symbiosis International University-Pune, Police Ground and Ratnal Sports Ground
- 3 years as Head cum Sr. Faculty of Institute of Finance Banking and Insurance
[IFBI] and as Guest Faculty of State Bank of India.
- 3 years as Head- Credit of 42 Branches plus 5 years as Chief Manager of 3
Branches of State Bank of India.
- Harshida Vaghela (BCom, LLB) - Operations Management,
- Sports – 2 years
- Advocate since 1992
- Pooja Vaghela (M. Tech) - Infrastructure Development,
- 3.5 years, Manager in GIFT city project.
- Professional tours of Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Singapore and Dubai.
- Honorary services to physically challenged poor girls on every Saturday and
Sunday since last 2 years.
- Gaurav Vaghela (MBA, Pursuing ICWA) - Research
and Development, Professional Sports Person
- Vinoo Mankad Trophy under the leadership of Ravindra Jadeja
- BCCI’s level 1 umpire since last 5 years
- Nalin Shah (B.A.) - Research and Development, Passionate
about social activities
- 1 years as Admin Officer of ICL.
- 5 years as Branch Manager of State Bank of India.
- 8 years as Desk Officer in Head/Zonal Offices of SBI.
- Shri Kiran More, Arjun Award Winner, former Indian Wicket Keeper, former Chairman
of Selection Committee of BCCI.
- Shri Bharat Shah, Ex. Asst. General State Bank of India.
- Shri Umesh Kacha, TV serial director cum producer.
- Shri Ishwar Patel, Branch Manager, State Bank of India.
- Shri Gopal Ahir, Ex. Branch Manager, State Bank of India.
PISRD being an innovative, unique and exclusive model for grooming and developing
professional sports persons, we propose to identify, recruit and develop professionals
in respective fields. Specialists of different fields shall be invited as per requirement.
We propose to appoint Heads for Sports, Education and Operations in due course who
will work in coordination with Dr. Dinesh Vaghela, CEO.
- “Pooja Charitable Trust” registration No.E/17537/Amdavad dated 23.03.2006.
- Registration No. DIT (E)/AHD/80G(5)/PCT/447/2013-14 dated 26.11.2013 u/s 80G
(5) of the Income Tax Act,1961.
- Registered u/s 12AA of the Income Tax Act, 1961, No.DIT (E) Ahd/12AA/PCT/441/2013-14
- We propose to obtain accreditation as research institute in sports cum education
from Government of India as well as under section 35 of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- We propose to obtain accreditations from respective sports and educational
Appeal for Help
We most humbly appeal to help us by providing sponsorship and scholarship for deserving
financially weak students as well as for infrastructure, facilities, equipments,
implements, etc. to enable us reduce pricing of courses and offerings. We shall
whole heartedly accept branding of the help. However,
we shall accept help without any conditions as we do not want to compromise on quality.